Pink – a very controversial colour. Some consider it childlish, it’s also associated with sweets and love.
The word ‘pink’ is not very precise. Magenta, lavender pink, amaranth, coral pink, puce, rose, salmon pink, mauve, fandango – too mention just a few (More pink shades).
Women sometimes avoid wearing pink in fear of being treated infantile. Men often consider this colour non-masculine. Fortunately not everybody thinks so, below you can see Robert Redford and Leonardo Di Caprio in pink as Great Gatsby (1974 and 2013) – don’t they look good?
Pink is a pale red color, which takes its name from the flower of the same name. According to surveys in Europe and the United States, pink is positively associated with love, beauty, charm, politeness, sensitivity, tenderness, sweetness, childhood, the feminine, and the romantic. When combined with violet or black, it is associated witheroticism and seduction.
I wonder if your are a fan or a hater of pink?
1. Nzulezo – a village in the south-west Ghana
2. Chicha morada – Peruvian drink
3. Laguna Colorada – Bolivia
4. A Cat in Medellin (Colombia)
5. A man coming back from a market (Ethiopia)
11. Sunset – Phnom Pehn (Cambodia)
12. Lotos flower in Thailand
13. Kids (Myanmar)
14. A city bus in Rangoon (Myanmar)
15. Parade of locomotives in Wolsztyn, Poland