Orange is the colour of saffron, carrots, pumpkins and apricots. It is between red and yellow on the spectrum of light, and in the traditional colour wheel used by painters. Its name is derived from the orange fruit.
In Europe and America, orange is commonly associated with amusement, the unconventional, extroverts, fire, activity, danger, taste and aroma, the autumn season, and Protestantism. In Asia, it is an important symbolic colour ofBuddhism and Hinduism.
In the photos:
1. Trekking to Machu Picchu
2. Club Bunkier – Gdański (Poland)
3. Sunset in Puerto Narino (Amazonia, Colombia)
4. Sunset at Peten Itza Lake (Guatemala)
5. El Indio Viejo soup – Old Indian Soup (Nicaragua)
6. A street in Bogota (Colombia)
7. A girl in Trinidad (Cuba)
8. An oak tree (Poland)
9. Pumpkin at the entrance to a restaurant (Poznań, Poland)
10. A woman in the centre of Bahir Dar (Ethiopia)
11. A scout (bodyguard) in the Siemen Mountains (Ethiopia)
12. Tey – Ethiopian honey wine
13. A woman in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland
14. Somewhere in Etiopia
15. A Thai temple
16 A Togolese woman in a typical outfit.