Some of you know me, some of you will know me better after reading it:
- I don’t like planning – an ideal trip is the one where you take decisions as the time goes by.
- I love crime ficton more than travel fiction.
- I’ve read crime fiction of 25 countries (and counting).
- I do my best to limit the weight of my backpack – sometimes I weigh clothes to check which black T-shirt is a lighter one. I do like black T-shirts.
- I love being a tourist sometimes and enjoy listening to a guide or lying on a beach.
- The country that I’ve read a lot about and which I’d love to visit is Afganistan (Now I’m listening to audiobook Places in Between by Rory Steward).
Above: One of my favourites Instagram accounts: Afganistan you never see
- at times I love getting lost. And that’s a good thing after all, considering that I often do even if I don’t want to.
- I keep sending postcards from my travels.
- I did the driving license and bought a car only because the lack of them became a hindrance to my travels.
- I love cats, but have no animals as my trips are usually too long.
- If I travel alone I avoid big cities because I feel lonely there.
- Sometimes I like the days when nothing is going on – it teaches you patience and appreciation of little things.
- I usually have my nails painted red when I go on holiday.
- I always read a manual (of a camera) or regulations (insurance) – I might forget half of it, but will read it anyway.
- I love being in places where I can’t understand the language. It’s a lot of fun (as long as you don’t need to buy a bus ticket).
- It’s not true I don’t get stressed – I might have problems sleeping before a trip or I imagine several black scenarios in my head.
- I curious enough to try any dish – even if it seems disgusting or I’m sure I’m not going to like it.
- I don’t like learning languages, I like knowing them, so I grit my teeth and learn.
- I’m afraid of swimming (swim only in a pool, no lakes or rivers for me), yet, I love diving.
The diver on the left is me during my PADI Advanced course – many years have passed and I still don’t have an underwater camera – time to think about it.
- I’m always surprised when someone calls me an experienced traveller – I feel like looking around to check who they are talkinga about – it can’t be about me, can it?
- I’m an introvert and sometimes I get really tired meeting many people while travelling.
- I never leave for holiday without packing my e-reader. When my kindle broke, I bought a new one immediately.
- I don’t like window seats and always ask for aisle ones.
- The most stressful holidays in my life? When, still being a newbie driver I decided to travel alone around my own country (far away destination are a piece of cake, comparing with it) – that was 5500 km of stress.
Cover photo by Kinga of Floating my boat